Monday, March 23, 2009

Black Chargers of the Night

I think I'm going to stop talking about the govt and the "troubles". It's just to easy to get worked up over something that realistically I don't have the energy to affect. That's not to say I couldn't make a difference, I just don't want to have to endure the media scrutiny, the constant search for campaign money, and the inevitable drama that being gay in this state entails.

So on to a different note. movies. Been on quite the roll lately, Saw. "Watchman" and "Twilight". Oddly enough Twilight was the better edited and directed movie regardless of the paucity of the 'message'. Watchman had good material but failed to translate that effectively into a tight script. By staying so close to the comic they left out the all important 'WHY'. Movies of this nature are suppose to tie things together but it really only left things open to more questions without the promise of a sequel. Still the premise was so good that you could forgive a lot, the character development for Rorschach was so amazing that you just wanted to keep watching him flip out one liners and killer jail bugs. The context of this I suppose is that the original premise on the comic was to use artificial threat of
alien invasion to unite the Earth. Oddly enough I had the same idea when i was 16, by giving a greater threat and goal, you could quell most rebellions with tacit population support, in an effort to prepare for a greater threat. heh, I was such an ambitious little dreamer. Alexander was my hero too...

Twilight did a good job though and I'm actually looking forward to the future installments.

Ta for now



No comments: