Wednesday, June 11, 2008

extremely odd

I had a strange epiphany while driving back to work from lunch yesterday. I was thinking about how much i wanted a cookie when my mind drifted and I suddenly realized that I had a very strong desire to have a german chocolate cake at my wedding. Why is this weird? I have never really planned on getting married, it's never seemed like something i would do, or desire, but suddenly that one stupid thought illuminated a whole series of desires in me, to be married, to yell at my husband over something stupid like taking out the trash. To fight, to make up, to trust that someone was going to be there for you. I wanted it all, I wanted a family. It just sparked and started to burn, stronger and stronger until i realized that desire was a permanent part of me now.
How odd is that?




No comments: