Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Cthulhu F'thagn



okay I know it's a little late for christmas, but it's right on time for Cthulumas, that joyous annual holiday when you gift your fellow cultists with awesome new idols of the Great and Deep Ancient ones! So in the spirit of the holiday, this is the little guy I have my covetous eye on this fishy holiday! The 3rd edition Legrasse!

If I get it I promise to love it and feed it and keep it in a wet dark grotto!!

Of course someone could also get me, and I'm looking at you Dagon! could get me a gift card for the new gay version of Lovecraft's Cthulu Sigh who would have thought a hundred years on the Ancient ones would have so much presence in our media driven world!

That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons even death may die


3 comments:

cum.lover said...

Is this something about the Druids?

- said...

i dont know WHAT this post was about. im like 51% intrigued by your blog, but its so scattered. please tell me what your blog is about LOL :D

Tim said...

@Cum Uh no, this is about a storyline written by a fellow named H.P. Lovecraft. about a hundred years ago, he basically started the genre of sci-fi horror. One of his reoccurring themes was about the long history of the world and how humans have not always been the dominate species, in fact they are far from it. Cthulhu was one such earlier being and was said to sleep, awaiting some distant alignment of stars that would revitalize him and renew it's dark powers. The idol in the post is a representation of said being and comes from a description from the story, "The_Call_of_Cthulhu" it's heavily wiki'd so I'm sure you can find that.

@I Am/Michael Well the blog is getting a bit odd, originally I was pretty good about having context with every post but I've slipped a bit in the past half a year it seems. Originally I wanted a semi anonymous way to post context about my thoughts and life, rather than a simple recounting of my life. Not that there is anything wrong with that, it's just not something I'm very good at. So rather than fail at keeping a journal, I simply post about ideas and try to tie them to likes, and ideas that i have or carry. Sadly there is no context here except for the fact that I'm a huge Cthulhu fan and I think that idol is pretty sweet. I'll try to get back to adding context one day soon! I think you have a pretty sweet blog of your own btw. Best of luck with the transit strike.